Sunday, September 03, 2006

Madhura Manohara

a translation of the original song by Swami Shantanand Saraswathi



madhura manohara gokula madhava
your flute enchants me, shyama
how it enthralls me, shyama

o blissful song, ‘tis your sweet love song
on my heart achingly it plays on and on
come to me, love – to me it calls
o sweet blissful love song
ravished and forlorn – why do you test me?
why do you test me, shyama?

madhura manohara gokula madhava
your flute enchants me shyama
how it enthralls me shyama

your song enthralls me, aches fill my heart
not seeing you, longing fills my eyes
how we gopis hunger and long to see you
don’t you see, shyama?
play no more your song, ‘tis enough, my love
please, please, no more, shyama

madhura manohara gokula madhava

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you post the lyrics for the original version of the song "madhura manohara gokula madhava"? Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home